Couple of months ago I blogged about conditional formatting. Now it turned out that conditional visibility doesn’t work as well.
Here is the case:
- You design report which has a list with nested table;
- You use expressions to manage columns visibility;
- Everything is okay in SSRS 2005
- Everything is okay in SSRS 2008 running in “native” mode
- Expression will be evaluated only once in SSRS 2008 running in backward compatibility mode. It means that column visibility will be fair only for first table in the list. All others will reuse those values regardless to the real context. The same story as I had for conditional formatting :(.